A rather short post, but I just wanted to put some ideas in your head! Towards the end of the summer my garden went crazy, which worked out well because I have so many August-birthday friends. I prefer to feed my friends on special occasions rather than buying a gift. To me, it’s much more personal. Here are some ideas for quick and edible gifts. Enjoy!
- Bourbon-soaked cherries from the Tasting Table (here) (not pictured below).
- Southern style pepper sauce from Our Daily Brine (here).
- Avocado basil “cream” sauce, found on an earlier post (here).
- Basil hummus (here). I didn’t have tahini so I used pine nuts instead. It tasted just as good.
- Pickled tomatoes, found on an earlier post (here).