Here’s a quick, easy, vegetarian, and healthy breakfast taco recipe. I make it all the time for breakfast, and often dinner. I never thought of writing about it because it’s so easy, but today I figured I might as well put it out into the universe. All you need is:
- Two eggs
- Small tortillas (I go with corn tortillas all day, every day)
- Fresh or homemade salsa
- Salt, pepper, and chili flakes
Now, here’s how you pull it all together:
- Fry the eggs slowly and on low heat in about a teaspoon of oil. I use coconut oil because I’ve jumped on the coconut oil train. Use whichever oil you prefer to cook with. I also don’t cook the egg entirely — leaving the yolk a little soft, but not runny.
- When the eggs are almost done, throw the tortilla in the microwave for about a minute, or heat them up on the stove. I prefer heating them up on the stove because it gives the tortilla a little stiffness. I hate cold tortillas, so I do this every time. Just don’t let them burn!
- Place your eggs on your tortilla. I cut my eggs in half and fold them so they fit on the tortilla nicely.
- Add chunks of avocado and a few tablespoons of salsa. Top with fresh ground salt and pepper, and some red chili flakes to give it a kick.
That’s it! A healthy breakfast packed with protein and veggies. If you want to be extra fancy you can add some black beans or pieces of potato. Get creative with it and enjoy!